The Resource Out of my mind
- Out of my mind
- Statement of responsibility
- Sharon M. Draper
- trueEleven-year-old girls
- Cerebral palsy -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChildren with disabilities
- Children with disabilities
- Children with disabilities -- Juvenile fiction
- Communication -- Fiction
- Communication -- Juvenile fiction
- Eleven-year-old girls -- Fiction
- Fifth-graders -- Fiction
- Genius -- Fiction
- Genius -- Juvenile fiction
- Gifted children
- Gifted children -- Juvenile fiction
- trueGirls with disabilities
- Girls with disabilities -- Fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- Interpersonal relations
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile works
- truePeople with disabilities
- People with disabilities
- People with disabilities -- Fiction
- truePhotographic memory
- Photographic memory -- Fiction
- Prejudices in children
- Prejudices in children -- Juvenile fiction
- Synesthesia -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCerebral palsy
- Cerebral palsy
- Cerebral palsy -- Fiction
- "Eleven-year-old Melody has a photographic memory. Her head is like a video camera that is always recording. Always. And there's no delete button. She's the smartest kid in her whole school--but no one knows it. Most people--her teachers and doctors included--don't think she's capable of learning, and up until recently her school days consisted of listening to the same preschool-level alphabet lessons again and again and again. If only she could speak up, if only she could tell people what she thinks and knows ... but she can't, because Melody can't talk. She can't walk. She can't write." "Being stuck inside her head is making Melody go out of her mind--that is, until she discovers something that will allow her to speak for the first time ever. At last Melody has a voice ... but not everyone around her is ready to hear it."--Book Jacket
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 2012.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2012.
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2013.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 2011.
- California Young Reader Medal, Middle School, 2013.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 2013.
- Josette Frank Award, 2011.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2013.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2013.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2014.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2014.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2013.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2013.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2012.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2012.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2013.
- Sasquatch Book Award (Washington)
- Awards note
- Bank Street College: Josette Frank Award, 2011.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 10 up
- Middle School
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Series statement
- Out of my mind
- Series volume
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Out of my mind
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Out of my mind
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/2CckgBW11rM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/2CckgBW11rM/">Out of my mind</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="https://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>