The Resource Questions of travel : a novel
- Questions of travel : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Michelle de Kretser
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueFamilies -- Sri Lanka
- trueMen/women relations
- Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Fiction
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueSydney, New South Wales
- trueTravelers -- Australia
- Sri Lankans -- Australia -- Fiction
- trueImmigrants -- Australia
- trueSri Lankans in Australia
- truePsychological fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- trueVoyages and travels -- Psychological aspects
- trueHome (Concept)
- trueSocial conflict -- Sri Lanka
- International travel -- Fiction
- "Laura Fraser grows up in Sydney, motherless, with a cold father and an artistic bent. Ravi Mendes is on the other side of the world--his humble father dead, his mother struggling, determined to succeed in computer science. Their stories alternate throughout-- culminating in unlikely fates for them both, destinies influenced by travel--voluntary in her case, enforced in his. With money from an inheritance, Laura sets off to see the world, returning to Sydney to work for a travel guide. There she meets Ravi, a Sri Lankan political exile who wants only to see a bit of Australia and make a living" -- from publisher's web page
- Australian Literature Society Gold Medal, 2013.
- Miles Franklin Award, 2013.
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Book of the Year, 2014.
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Christina Stead Prize for Fiction, 2014.
- Prime Minister's Literary Awards: Fiction, 2013.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Fiction category, 2012.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Premier's Prize, 2012.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Q47 2013
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Questions of travel : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Questions of travel : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/z5fssapatBs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/z5fssapatBs/">Questions of travel : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>