The Resource The hate u give
- The hate u give
- Statement of responsibility
- Angie Thomas
- Title variation
- Hate you give
- YOUNG ADULT FICTION -- Social Themes | Prejudice & Racism
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueTeenage girls
- Urban fiction
- Urban fiction
- Witnesses -- Fiction
- Witnesses -- Juvenile fiction
- YOUNG ADULT FICTION -- People & Places -- United States -- African American
- YOUNG ADULT FICTION -- Social Themes | Emotions & Feelings
- Young adult fiction
- Young adult works
- trueAfrican American teenage girls
- African American teenagers
- African American teenagers -- Fiction
- African American teenagers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueInterracial dating
- Juvenile works
- truePolice shootings
- Police shootings
- Police shootings -- Fiction
- Police shootings -- Juvenile fiction
- Police-community relations
- Police-community relations -- Juvenile fiction
- truePrep schools
- truePublic relations -- Police
- Race relations
- Race relations -- Fiction
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Racism -- Fiction
- "Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed. Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr. But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life"--
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2019.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Teen Books, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2017.
- Buckeye Teen Book Award (Ohio), Grades 9-12, 2018
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2018.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2020.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2019.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2020.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2018.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Senior, 2020.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2017
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2019.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2018.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2020.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2019.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Young Adult, 2019.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2019.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2020.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2018.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2018.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2018.
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2017.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Silver Inky, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2018
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Senior, 2020.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Awards note
- 2017 Boston Globe/Horn Book Award.
- National Book Award Nominee for Young People's Literature, 2017
- Printz Award, 2018
- William C. Morris Award, 2018
- Coretta Scott King Honor, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- H38 2017
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Target audience
ContextContext of The hate u give
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The hate u give
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/sVlLEUFvwxg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/sVlLEUFvwxg/">The hate u give</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>