The Resource The hate u give
- The hate u give
- Statement of responsibility
- Angie Thomas
- Title variation
- Hate you give
- YOUNG ADULT FICTION -- Social Themes | Prejudice & Racism
- Police shootings
- Police shootings -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- truePrep schools
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- Police-community relations
- African American teenagers -- Fiction
- trueAfrican American fiction
- Racism -- Fiction
- African American teenagers
- Race relations -- Fiction
- Young adult works
- YOUNG ADULT FICTION -- Social Themes | Emotions & Feelings
- truePublic relations -- Police
- YOUNG ADULT FICTION -- People & Places -- United States -- African American
- Urban fiction
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueAfrican American teenage girls
- trueInterracial dating
- Police-community relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Police shootings -- Fiction
- African American teenagers -- Juvenile fiction
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile works
- Witnesses -- Juvenile fiction
- truePolice shootings
- trueFirst person narratives
- Witnesses -- Fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- Race relations
- trueBooks to movies
- Urban fiction
- "Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed. Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr. But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life"--
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2017.
- Buckeye Teen Book Award (Ohio), Grades 9-12, 2018
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2017
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2018.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2018.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2018.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2018.
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2017.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Silver Inky, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2018
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Awards note
- 2017 Boston Globe/Horn Book Award.
- National Book Award Nominee for Young People's Literature, 2017
- Printz Award, 2018
- William C. Morris Award, 2018
- Coretta Scott King Honor, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- H38 2017
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Target audience
ContextContext of The hate u give
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The hate u give
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/sVlLEUFvwxg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/sVlLEUFvwxg/">The hate u give</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>