The Resource How we die : reflections on life's final chapter
- How we die : reflections on life's final chapter
- Title remainder
- reflections on life's final chapter
- Statement of responsibility
- Sherwin B. Nuland
- Title variation
- Reflections on life's final chapter
- Title variation remainder
- reflections on lifes final chapter
- "There is a vast literature on death and dying, but there are few reliable accounts of the ways in which we die. The intimate account of how various diseases take away life, offered in How We Die, is not meant to prompt horror or terror but to demythologize the process of dying to help us rid ourselves of that fear of the terra incognita." "Though the avenues of death - AIDS, cancer, heart attack, Alzheimer's, accident, and stroke - are common, each of us will die in a way different from any that has gone before. Each one of death's diverse appearances is as distinctive as that singular face we each show during our lives. Behind each death is a story." "In How We Die, Sherwin B. Nuland, a surgeon and teacher of medicine, tells some stories of dying that reveal not only why someone dies but how. He offers a portrait of the experience of dying that makes clear the choices that can be made to allow each of us his or her own death."--Jacket
- ALA Notable Book, 1995.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 1994.
- National Book Award for Nonfiction, 1994.
- Awards note
- National Book Award, 1994.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .N85 1994
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of How we die : reflections on life's final chapter
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work How we die : reflections on life's final chapter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/ruINTARmcMk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/ruINTARmcMk/">How we die : reflections on life's final chapter</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>