The Resource Norman, speak!
- Norman, speak!
- Statement of responsibility
- Caroline Adderson ; pictures by Qin Leng
- trueDog intelligence
- trueChinese language
- trueDogs -- Training
- Human-animal communication -- Fiction
- Dogs -- Fiction
- Pet owners -- Juvenile fiction
- truePicture books for children
- truePet owners
- Human-animal communication -- Juvenile fiction
- trueCanadian fiction
- trueHuman/animal communication
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction
- Pet owners -- Fiction
- trueLanguage and languages
- trueDog adoption
- trueBoys and dogs
- "Norman, Speak! tells the comical yet thought-provoking story of a boy and his family who adopt a dog that just can't seem to learn the things other dogs do. Overwhelmed by dogs in need at their local animal shelter, a young boy chooses Norman, the stray that's been there the longest. But, upon bringing him home, the family quickly learns that Norman won't respond to commands. He doesn't even know his own name. During a chance encounter with another dog owner in the park, the family is very surprised to learn the reason for Norman's confusion; he "speaks" Chinese instead of English! And so the fam enrolls in a language class, determined to understand their uniquely loveable pet."--Provided by publisher
- USBBY Outstanding International Book, 2015.
- OLA Best Bets, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- N67 2014
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Norman, speak!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Norman, speak!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/mTFTAGHNYt0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/mTFTAGHNYt0/">Norman, speak!</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>