The Resource Don't let the pigeon drive the bus
- Don't let the pigeon drive the bus
- Statement of responsibility
- words and pictures by Mo Willems
- Title variation
- Dont let the pigeon drive the bus!
- Picture books
- Pigeons -- Fiction
- Pleading -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBus drivers
- Buses -- Juvenile fiction
- Persuasion (Rhetoric) -- Juvenile fiction
- truePicture books for children
- trueDetermination (Personal quality)
- Wit and humor, Juvenile
- Trucks -- Juvenile fiction
- Disappointment -- Juvenile fiction
- Complaints (Rhetoric)
- Bus drivers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTemper tantrums
- Pigeons -- Juvenile fiction
- Bribery -- Juvenile fiction
- trueHumorous stories
- trueChildren -- Personal conduct
- Anger -- Juvenile fiction
- Bus drivers
- Frustration -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile works
- Bus drivers -- Fiction
- Begging -- Juvenile fiction
- Persuasion (Rhetoric)
- Complaints (Rhetoric) -- Juvenile fiction
- Wit and humor, Juvenile
- No matter how hard he pleads and begs, the pigeon is not supposed to drive the bus while the driver is away, but pigeon tries every persuasive trick a young child knows to get you to say, "Yes."
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2004
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2003
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Early Reader, 2015.
- Buckaroo Book Award (Wyoming), 2005.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Picture Books, 2005.
- Georgia Children's Book Award for Picture Storybook, 2007.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Primary, 2005.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades K-2, 2005.
- South Carolina Book Award, Picture Books, 2006.
- Awards note
- Caldecott Honor Book, 2004.
- American Library Association Notable book.
- Booklist Editors' Choice Books for Youth.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- LC call number
- LC item number
- D66 2003
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Pigeon (Picture books)
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Don't let the pigeon drive the bus
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Don't let the pigeon drive the bus
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/hOZVVdmsBeE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/hOZVVdmsBeE/">Don't let the pigeon drive the bus</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>