The Resource The emperor of all maladies : a biography of cancer
- The emperor of all maladies : a biography of cancer
- Title remainder
- a biography of cancer
- Statement of responsibility
- Siddhartha Mukherjee
- truePeople with cancer
- trueRadiation and cancer
- History, 20th Century -- United States
- Antineoplastic Agents -- United States -- History
- Leukemia -- United States -- History
- Leukemia -- History
- trueScience Writing -- Medicine | Illness and Disease
- trueCancer -- History
- Leukemia -- drug therapy -- United States
- A "biography" of cancer from its origins to the epic battle to cure, control, and conquer it. A combination of medical history, cutting-edge science, and narrative journalism that transforms the listener's understanding of cancer and much of the world around them. The author provides a glimpse into the future of cancer treatments and offers a bold new perspective on the way doctors, scientists, philosophers, and lay people have observed and understood the human body for millennia
- ALA Notable Book, 2012.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2010.
- Guardian First Book Award, 2011.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2010
- Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction, 2011.
- Awards note
- Pulitzer Prize for General Non-fiction, 2011.
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The emperor of all maladies : a biography of cancer
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The emperor of all maladies : a biography of cancer
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/bxuk2GFUKcM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/bxuk2GFUKcM/">The emperor of all maladies : a biography of cancer</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>