The Resource Who is Bruce Springsteen?
- Who is Bruce Springsteen?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Stephanie Sabol ; illustrated by Gregory Copeland
- trueMusicians -- United States -- Biography
- trueRock musicians -- United States -- Biography
- trueSpringsteen, Bruce
- Rock musicians
- trueBiographies -- Arts | Performing arts | Music
- Springsteen, Bruce -- Juvenile literature
- United States
- trueRock musicians
- Rock musicians -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- Juvenile works
- Springsteen, Bruce
- Not only was Bruce Springsteen "Born in the USA," he has risen to become a twenty-time Grammy winner and American icon. Bruce Springsteen grew up in a blue-collar New Jersey town, where his parents struggled to make ends meet. Bruce didn't fit in at school but found solace in rock and roll and playing guitar. After the breakup of a local band he'd joined, Springsteen went out on his own and people began to take notice. He signed with Columbia Records and under pressure to come up with a hit, wrote "Born in the USA," which tells the story of America during the years of the Vietnam War. A multi-millionaire and twenty-time Grammy winner, the Boss has remained a working class hero whose music deals with the political and social changes in our country
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S33 2016
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Series statement
- Who is-- ?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who is Bruce Springsteen?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who is Bruce Springsteen?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/_l-F3SQD9cQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/_l-F3SQD9cQ/">Who is Bruce Springsteen?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>