The Resource The Atlantic coast : a natural history
- The Atlantic coast : a natural history
- Title remainder
- a natural history
- Statement of responsibility
- Harry Thurston ; photography by Wayne Barrett ; illustrations by Emily S. Damstra
- trueCanadian literature
- trueCoastal ecology
- Coastal ecology -- Atlantic Coast (North America)
- Ecology -- North Atlantic Region
- trueNatural history
- Natural history -- Atlantic Coast (North America)
- Natural history -- North Atlantic Region
- trueNature Writing -- Natural Landscapes
- trueNorth Atlantic Region
- Sciences naturelles -- Atlantique, Côte de l' (Amérique du Nord)
- Écologie -- Atlantique Nord, Région de l'
- Écologie littorale -- Atlantique, Côte de l' (Amérique du Nord)
- Sciences naturelles -- Atlantique Nord, Région de l'
- trueAtlantic Coast (North America)
- "The North Atlantic coast of North America - commonly known as the Atlantic Coast - extends from Newfoundland and Labrador through the Maritime Provinces and the Northeastern United States south to Cape Hatteras. This North Atlantic region belongs to the sea. The maritime influence on climate, flora, and fauna is dominant--even far inland. This is where the great northern boreal forests intermingle with the mixed coniferous-hardwood forests farther south and where the cold, iceberg-studded Labrador Current from the Arctic and the warm Gulf Stream of the tropics vie for supremacy
- Filled with stunning photographs, the book includes chapters on the geological origins of this region, the two major forest realms, and the main freshwater and marine ecosystems and also describes the flora and fauna within each of these habitats. Finally, it looks at what has been lost but also what remains of the natural heritage of the region and how that might be conserved in future
- Dartmouth Book Award for Non-Fiction (Nova Scotia), 2012.
- Evelyn Richardson Memorial Literary Prize for Non-fiction (Canada), 2012.
- Lane Anderson Prize (Canada), Adult category, 2011.
- Additional physical form
- Issued also in electronic format.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- T48 2011
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Atlantic coast : a natural history
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Atlantic coast : a natural history
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/_eQD5p3yTgw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/_eQD5p3yTgw/">The Atlantic coast : a natural history</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>