The Resource "Mister Roberts"
- "Mister Roberts"
- Statement of responsibility
- Warner Bros. Pictures presents ; an Orange production ; screen play by Frank Nugent and Joshua Logan ; produced by Leland Hayward ; directed by John Ford and Mervyn LeRoy
- Title variation
- Mr. Roberts
- Orange (Firm)
- Carey, Philip, 1925-2009
- Lemmon, Jack
- Powell, William, 1892-1984
- Cagney, James, 1899-1986
- Nugent, Frank S
- Fonda, Henry, 1905-1982
- Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967)
- Hayward, Leland, 1902-1971
- LeRoy, Mervyn, 1900-1987
- Palmer, Betsy
- Ford, John, 1894-1973
- Logan, Joshua
- Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Bond, Ward, 1903-1960
- A comedy-drama about life aboard a Navy cargo ship in Pacific waters during the waning days of World War II. In the Navy Register it is listed as 'The Reluctant,' but to its crew it is known as 'The Bucket.' The monotonous non-combat duty of a fun-loving crew is enlivened by a feud between the petty, intolerant martinet of a captain and an impetuous, highly-respected cargo officer whose continuous efforts to get a transfer to combat duty are blocked by the captain
- Awards note
- Winner, Best Supporting Actor: Jack Lemmon, 1955 Academy Awards.
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Director of photography, Winton Hoch ; film editor, Jack Murray ; music composed and conducted by Franz Waxman ; art director, Art Loel ; technical advisors John Dale Price, Merle MacBain
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- MPAA Rating: Not rated; Canadian Home Video rating: 14A
- Language note
- In English or dubbed French with optional subtitles in English or French; closed-captioned
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M578 2005
- Henry Fonda, James Cagney, William Powell, Jack Lemmon, Betsy Palmer, Ward Bond, Phil Carey; the crew: Nick Adams, Ken Curtis, Harry Carey, Jr., Frank Aletter, Fritz Ford, Buck Kartatian, William Henry, William Hudson, Stubby Kruger, Harry Tenbrook, Perry Lopez, Robert Roark, Pat Wayne, Tiger Andrews, Jim Maloney, Denny Niles, Francis Connor, Shug Fisher, Danny Borzage, Jim Murphy; the nurses: Kathleen O'Malley, Maura Murphy, Mimi Doyle, Jeanne Murray, Lonnie Pierce; Martin Milner, Gregory Walcott, James Flavin, Jack Pennick, Duke Kahanamoko
- live action
ContextContext of "Mister Roberts"
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work "Mister Roberts"
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/Wt-fyiprmIk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/Wt-fyiprmIk/">"Mister Roberts"</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Austin Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.