The Resource Smile
- Statement of responsibility
- Raina Telgemeier ; with color by Stephanie Yue
- Graphic novels
- trueBraces (Dentistry)
- trueSixth-grade girls
- Dental care -- Cartoons and comics
- trueAutobiographical comics
- trueTelgemeier, Raina
- Beauty, Personal -- Cartoons and comics
- Self-esteem -- Cartoons and comics
- trueCartoons and comics
- trueBiographies -- Arts | Writing | Authors and Illustrators
- Beauty, Personal -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueComing-of-age stories
- trueDental care
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Telgemeier, Raina -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Youth -- Dental care -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Self-esteem in adolescence -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueSelf-esteem in teenagers
- trueNarrative nonfiction for kids and teens
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- Raina just wants to be a normal sixth grader. But one night after girl scouts she trips and falls, severely injuring her two front teeth. What follows is a long and frustrating journey with the on-again, off-again braces, surgery, embarrassing headgear, and even a retainer with fake teeth attached. And on top of all that, there's still more to deal with: a major earthquake, boy confusion, and friends that turn out to be not so friendly. Raina's story takes us from middle school to high school, where she discovers an artistic voice, finds out what true friendship really means and when she can finally smile
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Nonfiction, 2013.
- Iowa Children's Choice Award, 2012.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 3-5, 2013.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2012.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2016.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2013.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2013.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2014.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Intermediate, 2013.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2011
- YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, 2011
- Awards note
- Boston Globe/Horn Book Non-fiction Honor, 2010.
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
- Target audience
ContextContext of Smile
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Smile
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/ORkzL6KTrNQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/ORkzL6KTrNQ/">Smile</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>