The Resource Dumplin'
- Statement of responsibility
- Julie Murphy
- Title variation
- Dating (Social customs) -- Fiction
- trueSmall towns -- Texas
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- Texas -- Fiction
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- Beauty contests -- Fiction
- trueOverweight teenage girls
- Self-esteem -- Fiction
- Dating (Social customs) -- Juvenile fiction
- Beauty contests -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage boy/girl relations
- Overweight women -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- Texas -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Fiction
- trueBeauty contests
- trueSelf-esteem in teenage girls
- trueBooks to movies
- Self-esteem in adolescence -- Juvenile fiction
- Self-proclaimed fat girl Willowdean Dickson (dubbed "Dumplin'" by her former beauty queen mom) has always been at home in her own skin. Her thoughts on having the ultimate bikini body? Put a bikini on your body. With her all-American beauty best friend, Ellen, by her side, things have always worked... until Will takes a job at Harpy's, the local fast-food joint. There she meets Private School Bo, a hot former jock. Will isn't surprised to find herself attracted to Bo. But she is surprised when he seems to like her back. Instead of finding new heights of self-assurance in her relationship with Bo, Will starts to doubt herself. So she sets out to take back her confidence by doing the most horrifying thing she can imagine: entering the Miss Clover City beauty pageant -- along with several other unlikely candidates -- to show the world that she deserves to be up there as much as any twiggy girl does. Along the way, she'll shock the hell out of Clover City -- and maybe herself most of all
- Amelia Bloomer Lists, 2016
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2015
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2015.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2016.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2016.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers: Top Ten, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Dumplin'
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Dumplin'
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/MCZ1zR9bi5w/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/MCZ1zR9bi5w/">Dumplin'</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>