The Resource The brides of Rollrock Island
- The brides of Rollrock Island
- Statement of responsibility
- Margo Lanagan
- Selkies -- Juvenile fiction
- Islands -- Fiction
- Islands -- Juvenile fiction
- JUVENILE FICTION / Fantasy & Magic
- JUVENILE FICTION / Legends, Myths, Fables / Other
- JUVENILE FICTION / Social Issues / Emotions & Feelings
- Magic -- Fiction
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- Selkies -- Fiction
- Witches -- Fiction
- Witches -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction
- Fantasy fiction
- "On remote Rollrock Island, men go to sea to make their livings--and to catch their wives. The witch Misskaella knows the way of drawing a girl from the heart of a seal, of luring the beauty out of the beast. And for a price a man may buy himself a lovely sea-wife. He may have and hold and keep her. And he will tell himself that he is her master. But from his first look into those wide, questioning, liquid eyes, he will be just as transformed as she. He will be equally ensnared. And the witch will have her true payment"--
- Aurealis Awards, Best Fantasy Novel, 2012.
- Aurealis Awards, Best Young Adult Novel, 2012.
- Barbara Jefferis Award, 2014.
- Children's Book of the Year Award for Older Readers (Children's Book Council of Australia), 2013.
- Children's Book Council of Australia: Notable Australian Children's Book
- Ditmar Award, 2013.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Young Adult category, 2012.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Br 2012
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
ContextContext of The brides of Rollrock Island
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The brides of Rollrock Island
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/IaqX5m4QawA/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/IaqX5m4QawA/">The brides of Rollrock Island</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>