The Resource The day the crayons quit
- The day the crayons quit
- Statement of responsibility
- by Drew Daywalt ; pictures by Oliver Jeffers
- Epistolary fiction
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- Color -- Fiction
- Color -- Juvenile fiction
- Color drawing
- Color drawing -- Juvenile fiction
- Crayons -- Fiction
- Crayons -- Juvenile fiction
- Epistolary fiction
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Concepts | Colors
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Humorous Stories
- JUVENILE FICTION -- Social Themes | Emotions & Feelings
- Juvenile works
- Letters -- Fiction
- Letters -- Juvenile fiction
- truePersonal letters
- Picture books
- Picture books
- Strikes and lockouts
- Strikes and lockouts -- Juvenile fiction
- Poor Duncan just wants to color. But when he opens his box of crayons, he finds only letters, all saying the same thing: his crayons have had enough! They quit! Beige Crayon is tired of playing second fiddle to Brown Crayon. Black wants to be used for more than just outlining. Blue needs a break from coloring all those bodies of water. And Orange and Yellow are no longer speaking -- each believes he is the true color of the sun. What can Duncan possibly do to appease all of the crayons and get them back to doing what they do best?
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2014
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland) for Picture Books, 2015.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades K-2, 2015.
- California Young Reader Medal, Primary, 2016.
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Picture Book, 2015.
- E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards, Picture Book (formerly Indies' Choice Book Awards, Best New Picture Book), 2014.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Picture Books, 2015.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2013.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Primary, 2015.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades K-3, 2016.
- Goldfinch Award (Iowa), 2016.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Picture Book Category, 2015.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades K-1, 2014.
- Keystone to Reading Book Award (Pennsylvania), Primary category, 2015.
- Monarch Award: Illinois K-3 Children's Choice Award, 2015.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Picture Books category, 2015.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Elementary category, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2013.
- South Carolina Book Award, Picture Books, 2016.
- Surrey Schools' Picture Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2015.
- Texas Bluebonnet Award, 2015.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Picture Book, 2015.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Picture Books, 2016.
- Awards note
- E.B. White Read Aloud Award, 2014.
- Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award, 2015.
- Wanda Gág Read Aloud Book Award, 2013.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Sentence length: 4 (hard)
- Word frequency: 5 (very hard)
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Reading Counts RC
- Target audience
ContextContext of The day the crayons quit
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The day the crayons quit
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/GpV9ig6nAQ4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/GpV9ig6nAQ4/">The day the crayons quit</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>