The Resource A kick in the head : an everyday guide to poetic forms
- A kick in the head : an everyday guide to poetic forms
- Title remainder
- an everyday guide to poetic forms
- Statement of responsibility
- selected by Paul B. Janeczko ; illustrated by Chris Raschka
- In this splendid and playful volume, acclaimed poetry anthologist Paul B. Janeczko and Caldecott Honor illustrator Chris Raschka present lively examples of twenty-nine poetic forms, demonstrating not only the (sometimes bendable) rules of poetry, but also the spirit that brings these forms so wonderfully to life. Featuring formal poems, some familiar and some never before published, from the likes of Eleanor Farjeon (aubade), X.J. Kennedy (elegy), Ogden Nash (couplet), Liz Rosenberg (pantoum), and William Shakespeare, the sonnet king himself, A Kick in the Head perfectly illustrates Robert Frost's maxim that poetry without rules is like a tennis match without a net
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2006
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2005
- Claudia Lewis Award, 2006.
- Lupine Award (Maine) for Picture Book, 2005.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 1999.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2005.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader AR
- Target audience
ContextContext of A kick in the head : an everyday guide to poetic forms
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A kick in the head : an everyday guide to poetic forms
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/EJbTFFoQY3A/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/EJbTFFoQY3A/">A kick in the head : an everyday guide to poetic forms</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>