The Resource Divergent
- Statement of responsibility
- Veronica Roth
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction
- trueSocial classes
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueScience fiction
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Identity -- Fiction
- Science fiction
- trueChicago, Illinois
- Dystopias -- Juvenile fiction
- truePrior, Tris (Fictitious character)
- Young adult fiction
- trueOptions, alternatives, choices
- Courage -- Juvenile fiction
- Dust jackets (Bindings) -- 2011
- Social classes -- Fiction
- Courage -- Fiction
- trueDystopian fiction
- Science fiction -- Juvenile
- Science fiction, American
- Families -- Fiction
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- Social classes -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueTeenage girls
- trueBooks to movies
- Chicago (Ill.) -- Juvenile fiction
- In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue -- Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is -- she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself. During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are -- and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves, or it might destroy her. Debut author Veronica Roth bursts onto the literary scene with the first book in the Divergent series -- dystopian thrillers filled with electrifying decisions, heartbreaking betrayals, stunning consequences, and unexpected romance. - Jacket flap
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2012
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2013.
- California Young Reader Medal, Young Adult, 2014.
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2014.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2014.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2014.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2014.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2013.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2011.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2014.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2014.
- Isinglass Teen Read Award (New Hampshire), 2012-2013.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2013.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2014.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2013.
- Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award, 2011.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2011.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2014.
- Soaring Eagle Book Award (Wyoming), 2013.
- South Carolina Book Award, Young Adult Books, 2014.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2012
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2012
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Senior, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Young Adult
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Di 2011
- D58 2011
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Series statement
- Divergent series
- Series volume
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Reading Counts!
- Target audience
ContextContext of Divergent
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Divergent
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/E7Mbz-nDbVI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/E7Mbz-nDbVI/">Divergent</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>