The Resource Who was Norman Rockwell?
- Who was Norman Rockwell?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Sarah Fabiny ; illustrated by Gregory Copeland
- trueIllustrators -- United States -- Biography
- Illustrators -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- Instructional and educational works
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Art / Painting
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / Biography & Autobiography / Art
- JUVENILE NONFICTION / History / United States / 20th Century
- Juvenile works
- truePainters -- United States -- Biography
- Painters -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- truePainting, American
- Rockwell, Norman, 1894-1978
- Rockwell, Norman, 1894-1978 -- Juvenile literature
- United States
- "Brush up your knowledge on popular American painter and illustrator Norman Rockwell with this exciting Who Was? title. Norman Rockwell often painted what he saw around him in nostalgic and humorous ways. After hearing President Franklin Roosevelt's address to Congress in 1943, he was inspired to create paintings that described the principles for universal rights: four paintings that portray iconic images of the American experience. Over the course of his lifetime, he painted 322 covers for the Saturday Evening Post. Of his work, he has said: "Maybe as I grew up and found the world wasn't the perfect place I thought it to be, I consciously decided that if it wasn't an ideal world, it should be, and so painted only the ideal aspects of it.""--
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Who was?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who was Norman Rockwell?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who was Norman Rockwell?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/Cscqv2yIw6E/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/Cscqv2yIw6E/">Who was Norman Rockwell?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>