The Resource Dragon hoops
- Dragon hoops
- Statement of responsibility
- Gene Luen Yang ; color by Lark Pien ; art assists by Rianne Meyers and Kolbe Yang
- trueBasketball tournaments
- trueCatholic schools
- trueComic book writers
- Comics (Graphic works)
- Graphic novels
- trueHigh school athletes
- trueHigh school basketball
- trueHigh school basketball players
- trueHigh school teachers
- High school teachers -- California | Oakland -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueHigh schools
- High schools -- California | Oakland -- Comic books, strips, etc
- trueOakland, California
- trueSports tournaments
- Yang, Gene Luen
- Chinese Americans -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Autobiographical comics
- Basketball -- Tournaments -- California | Oakland -- Comic books, strips, etc
- Gene understands stories - comic book stories, in particular. Big action. Bigger thrills. And the hero always wins. But Gene doesn't get sports. As a kid, his friends called him "Stick" and every basketball game he played ended in pain. He lost interest in basketball long ago, but at the high school where he now teaches, it's all anyone can talk about. The men's varsity team, the Dragons, is having a phenomenal season that's been decades in the making. Each victory brings them closer to their ultimate goal: the California State Championships. Once Gene gets to know these young all-stars, he realizes that their story is just as thrilling as anything he's seen on a comic book page. He knows he has to follow this epic to its end. What he doesn't know yet is that this season is not only going to change the Dragons's lives, but his own life as well
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2021.
- Harvey Awards, Book of the Year, 2020.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2021.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2020.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2021.
- YALSA Great Graphic Novels for Teens, 2021.
- Biography type
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- comics graphic novels
ContextContext of Dragon hoops
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Dragon hoops
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/7NITXbCJYrw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/7NITXbCJYrw/">Dragon hoops</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>