The Resource Who was Betsy Ross?
- Who was Betsy Ross?
- Statement of responsibility
- by James Buckley Jr. ; illustrated by John O'Brien
- Title variation
- Who was Betsy Ross?
- trueRoss, Betsy, 1752-1836
- trueFlags -- United States -- History
- Flags -- United States -- History -- 18th century -- Juvenile literature
- trueBiographies -- Politics | Activists and reformers
- Ross, Betsy, 1752-1836
- Revolutionaries -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- trueWomen -- Biography
- United States
- trueHistory books -- Wars -- Revolutionary War (United States)
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Flags -- Juvenile literature
- Juvenile works
- Ross, Betsy, 1752-1836 -- Juvenile literature
- trueAmerican Revolution, 1775-1783
- trueUnited States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- Born the eighth of seventeen children in Philadelphia, Betsy Ross lived in a time when the American colonies were yearning for independence from British rule. Ross worked as a seamstress and was eager to contribute to the cause, making tents and repairing uniforms when the colonies declared war. By 1779 she was filling cartridges for the Continental Army. Did she sew the first flag? That's up for debate, but "Who Was Betsy Ross?" tells the story of a fierce patriot who certainly helped create the flag of a new nation
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Who was ...?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who was Betsy Ross?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who was Betsy Ross?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/2wDQAIgW7Yk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/2wDQAIgW7Yk/">Who was Betsy Ross?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>