The Resource "This is how we flow" : rhythm in black cultures, edited by Angela M.S. Nelson
- "This is how we flow" : rhythm in black cultures, edited by Angela M.S. Nelson
- Title remainder
- rhythm in black cultures
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Angela M.S. Nelson
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -152) and index
- Rap on rhythm / Juliette Bowles -- Jazz time and our time: a view from the outside in / Mark Sumner Harvey -- Some aesthetic suggestions for a working theory of the "undeniable groove": how do we speak about Black rhythm, setting text, and composition? / William Banfield -- Rhythm and rhyme in rap / Angela M. S. Nelson -- The music of Martin Luther King, Jr. / Richard Lischer -- Rhythm in Claude McKay's "Harlem dancer" / Ronald Dorris -- Chanting down Babylon: three Rastafarian dub poets / Darren J. N. Middleton -- Rhythm as modality and discourse in Daughters of the dust / D. Soyini Madison -- Rhythms of resistance: the role of freedom song in South Africa / Alton B. Pollard III -- The rhythm of everyday politics: public performance and political transitions in Mali / Zeric Kay Smith
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- vi, 160 p.
- System control number
- (Sirsi) ABW-5562
ContextContext of "This is how we flow" : rhythm in black cultures, edited by Angela M.S. Nelson
Embeddable Data - Experimental
Choose settings, then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance "This is how we flow" : rhythm in black cultures, edited by Angela M.S. Nelson
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-lg fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/2jpNdkTPhHw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/2jpNdkTPhHw/">"This is how we flow" : rhythm in black cultures, edited by Angela M.S. Nelson</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Austin Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.