The Resource Who is Martha?
- Who is Martha?
- Statement of responsibility
- Marjana Gaponenko ; translated by Arabella Spencer
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueNonagenarian men
- trueSenior men
- Hotels -- Austria | Vienna -- Fiction
- trueMen with terminal illnesses
- truePsychological fiction
- Lungs -- Cancer | Patients -- Fiction
- trueHallucinations and illusions
- truePeople with lung cancer
- Ornithologists -- Fiction
- trueTranslations -- German to English
- "96-year-old ornithologist Luka Levadski foregoes treatment for lung cancer and moves from Ukraine to Vienna to make a grand exit in a luxury suite at the Hotel Imperial. He reflects on his past while indulging in Viennese cakes and savoring music in a gilded concert hall. Levadski was born in 1914, the same year that Martha--the last of the now-extinct passenger pigeons--died. Levadski himself has an acute sense of being the last of a species. He may have devoted much of his existence to studying birds, but now he befriends a hotel butler and another elderly guest, who also doesn't have much time left, to share in the lively escapades of his final days."--Page  of cover
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Language note
- Translated from the German
- LC call number
- LC item number
- W4713 2014
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who is Martha?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who is Martha?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/0vgGnIFO4I4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/resource/0vgGnIFO4I4/">Who is Martha?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.austintexas.gov/">Austin Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>